Thursday, June 7, 2007

Into The Deep End

So the other day I increased my run distance and surprisingly my legs didn't fall off. Then last night I did a 20-mile bike ride with one of my classmates and his wife. He was one of the first people I met at school and we were both so excited when we found out we both ride. What followed was a conversation about bikes and riding and clothing and injuries.
He and his wife are from Utah. I was riding with them last night, they found a good route, not a lot of traffic but some good rolling hills and long climbs. Holy cow, those two can climb hills like nobody's business. Now you are probably saying "Duh, they are from Utah, where they have mountains". But I foolishly thought that since we had been off our bikes for 8 months there would be no ass whoopins handed out. I stayed with them for most of the ride but every long climb we came to, I quickly fell off the back. Its good for me to ride with people stronger than I am, it motivates me. So I'll be riding with them a lot, and anyways his wife wants to train with me. She's like I don't know.... at least 12 years younger than me so that should be interesting. Today is a swim day. I live near a very nice water park that has adult-only lap time. Yeah, no kids. I haven't been swimming, well laps anyways, in a long time, but each time I go I am reminded why I love to swim. I like water.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they just set the brake to rub on your rear wheel when you weren't looking so they wouldn't be embarrassed by you on the climbs.

Steph said...

Hey girl! I'm enjoying your blog ~ nice to hear what's goin on with you these days. Keep it up :-)

Moist Rub said...

I hear there is a lot of wife swapping going on out there in Utah.

Anonymous said...

the other day I increased my run distance and surprisingly my legs didn't fall off. You had me grinning from the get go on this post.

Running, biking, swimming, you go, girl!

OH yeah, and positive waves on the med school stuff too. :-)